Saturday, June 14, 2003

So, I was all worked up for no good reason at all. Tonight was utterly smashing. The dinner, at Doug & John's, was lovely (and the lasagna was superb). I talked not only with Doug, with whom I have quite a bit in common but hadn't talked in nearly 6 months - I told him that I thought a painting in their sitting room looked an awful lot like the cover of New Order's Power, Corruption and Lies, and it turns out that's why he bought it in the first place, adding, "you're the first person to see that!" - and also met much of John's family, and chatted with some bowlers I hadn't seen in a while, as well. After a quick trip to Barnes & Noble, Chas and I went to the champagne-and-dessert party, which was loads of fun. I drank lots of champagne - I luuuuuurve champagne, can you tell? - and saw some other friends. On the way home, Chas stopped at Taco Bell for me. Their Southwestern Steak Bowl makes me giddy (and will probably give me indigestion but is yummy so it's okay).

I'm listening to "How Soon Is Now?" for a certain someone.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?