Wednesday, January 07, 2004

I'm almost done paring down my favorite tracks of 2003, but I can't get it to a top 50, so a top 100 songs it is. However, I'm not including 2004 singles-to-be from 2003 albums. Ergo, OutKast's "Prototype" is automatically my frontrunner for #1 of 2004. So I guess that means I also have to cut Basement Jaxx's "Good Luck," dammit (out as a UK single this week). Jay-Z's "99 Problems" and "December 4th," however, I don't expect to be singles. And as far as Bubba Sparxxx goes, "Comin' Round" might yet be a single, but since Deliverance seems to unfortunately be dead in the water, I'll slide it in. "Vexed" by Dizzee Rascal gets cut, too, by the same line of thinking (yet I'm sneaking "Fix Up, Look Sharp" in, as a 2003 UK record). And now I'm down to 100 songs.

Addendum: As soon as I've finished ranking 'em, the countdown will commence. I'm trying something different this year, and am ranking from the top down. I'm at #32 so far, so only 68 to go.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?