Sunday, January 04, 2004

Odds & ends:

Paul's posting again. I'd say something snarky, but am afeared that if I do, he might stop posting just to spite me. So I won't.

"Slow Jamz" by Twista featuring Kanye West and Jamie Foxx (Twista: world's fastest rapper, Kanye: better producer than rapper, Jamie: yes, that Jamie Foxx, singing the chorus) is a marvel, a joy, and I have no idea why. Since I've already done my year-end top 10s, it'll have to hold over for 2004 - which makes it the first candidate for single of the year. It's likely my single of Winter '04, at least. And yes, that means I'm saying it's better than Kelis's "Milkshake" (which has grown on me quite a bit, but is still good-not-superb).

Not only did Johnny get me Prick Up Your Ears from my Amazon.com wishlist, he augmented it with Joe Orton's Complete Plays. You rock. Also rocking is my roommate, who sneakily had a copy of Alicia Keys's The Diary of Alicia Keys waiting for me upon my return. Thank you! :-)

Here's a tip if you're flying US Airways: great airline, bad baggage handlers. On both my flights to and from Indiana, they opened my shampoo when searching my checked luggage, but apparently had some difficulty closing it. Fortunately, I had all of my toiletries in a ziploc bag, so casualties were minor. Doesn't make it any less annoying, however.

Speaking of toiletries, does the fact that I'm pretty excited I received a loofah in my Christmas stocking make me a better gay man? Or at least gayer?

I think I missed 7-Eleven a little too much while I was away.

Clearly, 2003's greatest moments in air guitar can be boiled down to "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness and Electric Six's "Dance Commander," with the possible addition of Zwan's "Honestly" (remember them, Corgan's post-Pumpkins band? You should).

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?