Tuesday, July 30, 2002

SUSHI! my buddy steven (jen's husband) took me to domo, a local sushi bar, for lunch, and I chowed down on the sushi-deluxe platter, along with some tasty miso soup and yaki soba. in honor of gaz, here's the rundown:
6 california rolls (very good for what they are)
2 sake (salmon) (good as always)
2 maguro (tuna) (would've been happier with the fatty tuna, I think)
1 hamachi (yellowfin)
1 tako (octopus) (very chewy, but kinda bland)
1 unagi (freshwater eel) (in a kind of teriyaki marinade, very tasty, kinda like chicken)
1 tai (red snapper) (flavorless)
1 ika (squid) (surprisingly sweet and tender -- my favorite)
1 hirame (halibut) (yummy)
I 'heart' good sushi, and this was damned good sushi. if you're ever in/around norfolk, va, domo is at 273 granby st in downtown norfolk.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?