Monday, September 09, 2002

clash! costello! chic! and that's only the "c"s. just think what the 2003 class of the rock 'n roll hall of fame could look like... (of course, you could also go the all-punk route: patti! pistols! clash! mc5!). oh, and lest I forget later: steve fucking winwood?!?!
I've gotta blog a little bit 'bout this. my bestest pal stumpy and I spend far too much time every year thinking about the rock hall (and if you've never visited, it's actually very cool, though not very punk, if that kinda thing's important to you). chic, the clash, and costello should be obvious first-ballot choices. how patti smith and kraftwerk and sabbath aren't in yet is beyond me. mc5 and the pistols are trickier: yeah, they changed a lot of things, but for both of them, they'd basically be going in on the strength of one album. dunno 'bout that. abba? yes, but give 'em a year or two. and I don't care how pretty their voices are, I hate the fucking righteous brothers. [though to be fair, I s'pose if I want hall & oates in, you gotta let those two in. hmm.]

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?