Thursday, September 19, 2002

since I've getting very close to revealing my top 90 of the '90s, thought I'd mention some odds 'n related sods...

things I stupidly left out of the top 80 of the '80s:
chaka khan, "i feel for you"
george jones, "he stopped loving her today"
about 3 or 4 possible kate bush songs ("running up that hill," "hounds of love," and especially "experiment iv")
shannon, "let the music play" (genius!)

the last 12 songs cut from my top 90, alphabetically by artist:
beck, "devil's haircut"
boyz ii men, "thank you (untouchables remix)"
chris rock, "no sex"
garbage, "vow"
hole, "doll parts"
kitchens of distinction, "polaroids"
ltj bukem, "music"
method man f/mary j. blige, "i'll be there for you/you're all i need to get by"
oasis, "cigarettes and alcohol"
pj harvey, "down by the water"
r.e.m., "losing my religion"
tricky, "black steel"
...and I somehow forgot to put guns 'n roses' "november rain" on the master list, but decided that it wouldn't have made the finals anyway. it hasn't aged particularly well, I think.


Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?