Monday, September 09, 2002

some comments on "the big chart" (a/k/a "tbc")...
you can see that not only had underworld's second toughest in the infants just come out, but the trainspotting phenomenon was just underway. "born slippy" continues to rock me to this day.
most of '96's big albums and singles (for me) were represented: ndegeocello, pet shop boys (bilingual is a very good album, but "before" [especially in the love to infinity version] is a stunning single), debuts from maxwell and jay-z. r.kelly's classic single from his self-titled album, "down low," still makes me swoon, even though he's a disgusting fucking pig.
granted, I was a little too into the tina turner album from that year.
and what a year for singles! "c'mon and ride it," "my boo" (the dual last gasps of quality bass music), "how do u want it," even eric fucking clapton's "change the world." not bad, not bad at all.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?