Wednesday, September 25, 2002

yeah, I know, where did my love go, you're asking? well, I've been very very busy of late, and on top of that, have consumed little-to-no new music in the last week and a half. my hitlist, were I to update it, would be mostly retro and retread: been spinning kate bush's hounds of love and the steely dan boxed set a lot. one more reason: I've been cracking away on finishing up my top 90 of the '90s. it's almost ready to be revealed - and I've already come up with a song I left out: duran duran's "serious" (from liberty, 1990, whaddaya mean you haven't heard it?! their best full-length, period. it was my #11 album of '90). also of note, three songs which I named the #1 songs of their respective years didn't make the cut. those are nine inch nails' "closer" ('94), "scream" by michael and janet jackson (which I'll still defend, '95), and george michael/mary j. blige's cover of stevie wonder's "as" ('99). ok, maybe that was a fuck-up. especially considering like five other songs from '99's top 10 made the list. ah, retrospect...

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?