Saturday, December 21, 2002

#1 "without me" bootleg: "aerodynamic me" [sic], jjrob
no artist, I think, was bootlegged more than eminem in '02, and no song was mashed up more than his ubiquitous smash "without me." the best of those boots is this one, which I found via boomselection. I know nothing of jjrob other than his rinse-out of "without me," which was labeled as "eminem v. daft punk"; I retitled it "aerodynamic me" 'cause it sounds catchier. "aerodynamic" is one of daft punk's best songs, my second-fave from their discovery opus of last year. its fast-and-furious tenor sits nicely as a backdrop for em's raps (and makes his "nobody listens to techno" boast sound like the facile farce it is). let's push things forward, you say? fresher than "without me" itself, "aerodynamic me" does the justice.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?