Saturday, December 21, 2002

11. "I need a girl (part 1)," p. diddy featuring usher and loon
upon seeing this on my list, a coworker incredulously asked, "you like p. diddy?" "sometimes," I responded, "but as an r-and-b artist, not as a rapper." save one or two late-'90s works of hip-hop genius (it really is all about "the benjamins"), the artist formerly known as puff daddy is absolute crap as a rap artist. however, the man certainly knows his way around a hook - and part 1 of "girl" is one giant fucking hook, largely spinning around the axis which is usher's "ride, ride, ride" crooning (more on him in the top 10). loon is, simply, mase, mark two - the switzerland of hip-hop, just existing, not really doing anything. as marc anthony once sang, I wanna ride on the rhythm and I never wanna stop.

the top 10 awaits...

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?