Thursday, December 19, 2002

14. "intro-inspection (extended version)," osymyso
really, even with all of the other genres littered across my top 50, for me 2002 was the year of the bootleg. the first one to truly knock the air out of me was this one; it still does. osymyso links together over 100 songs by only using and looping their introductory moments, from "eye of the tiger" to "the end" to "wannabe." so many of the sections here amaze. numerous bloggers and crits have made note of the "stayin' alive"/"teen spirit" mashup already. I'm particularly fond of the "praise you"/"pump up the volume"/"I heard it through the grapevine"/"relax" section, leading into the shockingly stunning "don't you want me"/"I will always love you"/"I will survive"/"theme from shaft"/"theme from the pink panther"/"is there something I should know?" sequence. the song really takes off from that point, getting a boost of adrenaline and steamrolling its way into eurythmics, yello, blur, the kinks, and guns 'n roses - and then ever onward and upward. "intro-inspection" is essential, especially in its extended version - more bang for your buck, as it were.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?