Wednesday, December 11, 2002

the heisman trophy finalists were announced today, and it looks like they're basically right. I would've loved to see marshall's byron leftwich slip in there, but he'll have a fine, long nfl career as a consolation prize. if I were voting, I'd be torn between the late-season up-and-comers, but would likely have to go long - west-coast long - and give my vote to usc's carson palmer. palmer did what a great college football player is supposed to do: he stepped up when he had to, strapped his team on his back a couple of times, and decimated notre dame on the gridiron.

and for the record, I think dorsey has been more vital to miami's success than mcgahee; another really good tailback might have done as much as mcgahee (I said "might"), but dorsey's been the axis on which that team has spun.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?