Monday, December 09, 2002

I thought it'd be a highlight, and I wasn't wrong: justin timberlake gave the performance he should've at the vmas tonight, of his new single "cry me a river." wow. what gets me about justin, and the reason I keep saying he might be george michael without the men's room arrest, is the way he so effortlessly crosses over between pop to r-and-b and back again. any song which includes what sounds like a tuba sample (in its intro), a string section, a gospel choir, a sousa march snare tattoo, and j.t. beatboxing (the second single on which he's done that, for those keeping score at home, alongside *nsync's "pop") and somehow comes off even more soulful than g.m.'s "father figure" is a can't-lose proposition. and I like the goatee, too. it may not be justified (haven't heard it all, yet), but he's got a faith in him.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?