Monday, December 23, 2002

I've already blogged briefly about justin timberlake's "cry me a river," yes. but this song impresses me more with each listen - and yesterday I saw the vid, which enhances it in a completely unexpected way. firstly, we see something in j.t.'s countenance I'd wondered if we eventually would, 'cause he's got the face for it: malevolence. this video is creepy, justin breaking into his ex's house (and btw, as opposed to what's been reported by some, the actress playing said ex looks nothing like britney) and making out with his hot, slutty girlfriend while taping it with the ex's camcorder. meanwhile, tim sits waiting in the car for justin, with his nice-'n-nasty what-is-he-thinking? grin going on. [the fact that tim's bridge rap consists of "the damage is done/so I guess I'll be leaving" only ups the ante.] justin's fucking (kinda) stalking her, people. this is not your little sister's *nsync-er. in essence, the video ends up adding an element of the sinister to the track, giving it added bite.

and I keep wondering if this is the kind of record/production tim might've given to aaliyah; had he, (more) people would've certainly stood up and took notice. you can draw a direct line from "are you that somebody" to "cry me a river" - it's that good.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?