Sunday, February 16, 2003

"go shorty, it's ya birfday
we gon' party like it's ya birfday
we gon' sip bacardi like it's ya birfday
and you know we don't give a fuck cuz it's ya birfday"


I hate dr. dre for making such a five-alarm fire shit-hot beat.
I hate 50 cent for making an opening I can't. get. out. of. my. fucking. head.
I hate myself for (kinda) loving this (I'm still fighting it, still hedging). I... must... not... submit?

it's early yet, but whatcha wanna bet "in da club" defines '03 the way that (like it or not) "hot in herre" defined '02? not critically, mind you - we all know that was "work it." but the song that was the joint of the year for the public was nelly's; it was playing everywhere, everyone danced to it, everyone took off all their clothes (except white homos, but don't get me started. even indie kids did it). a zeitgeist moment, if you'd prefer.

and why did I not notice the nile rodgers chicken-scratch guitar buried in the mix until just now?
not a day goes by when this isn't permanently affixed to the forefront of my consciousness for at least an hour. serves me right for being such a proponent of "I'm a slave 4 u" and "pop" and "dirrty" and telling people to "get over it," I guess.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?