Sunday, April 27, 2003

Excuse me while I have an extremely gay moment, and tell you of my love for Ikea. I know, I know, what could be more stereotypical? But when I went there with Darrell and Tony last October on our way back from D.C. - to the Potomac Mills store - I was floored. I expected, thoroughly, to loathe it as the apex of gay queendom and home furnishings. And it kinda is, but in a good way. There is so much stuff that's both utilitarian (a big plus in my book; I tend not to buy much I can't use) and cheap - not crappy, just affordable, even for those such as myself who are on I-work-for-a-non-profit budgets. To wit, my current favorite object of desire, the Svepa glasses seen here (you've gotta have Adobe Acrobat Reader to see 'em). Chas got a dozen for the roomie and me when he was up at Ikea 2 weeks ago. They're $3.95 for a set of 12! And they're gorgeous and functional! I like simple, classic design, and that's Ikea all the way - they're kinda like The Gap for your house. I'm supposed to go back up there with Chas soon (he wants a new computer desk; I like this one so much I might actually treat myself), and you can bet I'll be taking some dollars to spend on cool, useable stuff.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?