Wednesday, April 09, 2003

If this were The Real World, as opposed to the real world, I’d be in the confessional right now. I feel like I’m entering some uncharted new stage of my life, looking for love, looking for partnership, looking for a husband, and not quite fucking sure how to go about it all. I’m terrified of being alone while I grow old, while I age. But I also know I’m finally ready for it – the companionship, not the being alone; my life’s fairly steady and certain, and I’m just in that place. About fucking time, eh? I suppose some people, some men never get there, never want it. But I am, and I do. Who ever knew that dating, that courtship is so hard?

I’m not desperate by any means, but I am hungry.

Some say that heaven is hell
Some say that hell is heaven


-Kate Bush, “Sat in Your Lap,” 1981

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?