Sunday, May 18, 2003

I'm sure someone will tell me, but I'm unsure if it's fitting, sad, both, or neither that Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, exiled to the wasteland of hip-hop in the US, have just scored their first hit on the other side of the pond since "Tha Crossroads" with a record, "Home," which heavily samples Phil Collins' "Take Me Home." And, scarily, it's actually kinda good - or at least, not bad. In the interest of full disclosure, I should note that to my embarassment, I don't loathe (and rather like) the source material, back from the day before Phil was the abhorrent cretin of adult contemporary music he's since become.

Of course, it's somewhat pathetic that BTHN are reduced to such gimmickry these days. [I think I just answered my own question, kinda.] Remember "1st of tha Month"? "Foe tha Love of $"? Now those were smart bombs.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?