Monday, June 23, 2003

I'm a Supreme Court freak. [I like to call them the Supremes, myself.] The rulings handed down by those nine select judges affect every one of us in varying ways and degrees. Congress can pass laws, the President can sign them - but the Supremes can overturn them. I already had an obvious interest in Lawrence v. Texas, but reading The Tin Man over the last couple of weeks has really ramped up my interest in the case. Upon his mention of it, I've started reading Joyce Murdoch + Deb Price's Courting Justice: Gay Men and Lesbians v. the Supreme Court, which is fascinating, very well-researched writing (and reading).

And for those wondering, the Supremes will render their verdict on Lawrence v. Texas Thursday morning, 10am.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?