Saturday, June 28, 2003

The 'meat and 'fer Buzz Bin-o-rama continues... here's 1989 and 1990. And here's...

1991
therealsubmeat: can we talk about how much I've always HATED Live now?
Crisafer: why?
therealsubmeat: because they're in '91.
therealsubmeat: or do you mean why do I hate them?
Crisafer: yes, the second
therealsubmeat: Ed whatever-the-fuck-his-name-is is the epitome of pretension.
Crisafer: yeah
therealsubmeat: and their music is boring, absolutely boring
Crisafer: i actually like that song
Crisafer: but hate most everything afterwards
therealsubmeat: if they'd come along a couple years later, they coulda been Dave Matthews
therealsubmeat: they have that same feel to me
therealsubmeat: even though musically they're nothing alike
therealsubmeat: HATE HATE HATE HATE
therealsubmeat: speaking of hate, look, it's NIN!
Crisafer: didn't they come out before?
therealsubmeat: there are very few bands I've ever loved more, or more passionately
Crisafer: wasn't that album out in 90?
therealsubmeat: yeah - actually, it came out late late '89
Crisafer: i do remember listening them in my senior year
therealsubmeat: you know MTV. you hear it last.
Crisafer: as evidenced from the truth square story
therealsubmeat: yup
therealsubmeat: Pretty Hate Machine was SO FUCKING HUGE for me.
therealsubmeat: lyrically, the natural extension of the Smiths
Crisafer: 3rd bass?!
Crisafer: loved the gas face
Crisafer: 3 A.M. Eternal
therealsubmeat: '91 = the year MTV discovered non-mainstream hiphop
Crisafer: Monie Love
Crisafer: i mean
therealsubmeat: Def of Sound, Monie (Monie!)
Crisafer: what the fuck
therealsubmeat: the fucking Rembrandts.
therealsubmeat: don't even TRY to defend them.
therealsubmeat: I heard "I Touch Myself" the other day
therealsubmeat: I still love it
Crisafer: do you think that this was just an amazing year, or is it just that since it was such a pivotal year in my life that i think all of these are amazing
Crisafer: almost all, that is
therealsubmeat: pivotal.
therealsubmeat: the funny thing is, I think that so far, this is the weakest year
therealsubmeat: I mean, Jesus Jones? Bingo Boys? Jellyfish?!
Crisafer: who are the bingo boys?
Crisafer: i don't remember that song
therealsubmeat: it was a cheesy dance record.
therealsubmeat: from Europe.
Crisafer: enigma
therealsubmeat: if they'd had the courtesy to disappear after "Sadeness"
Crisafer: which is spelled incorrectly here might i add
therealsubmeat: yup!
Crisafer: does mtv.com have editors?
therealsubmeat: I'm not gonna insult you by asking you why it has the extra "e," 'cause I know you know
therealsubmeat: apparently not.
therealsubmeat: Toni Childs: 2 years later, she mighta been Tori Amos.
therealsubmeat: not that she was as talented.
Crisafer: the extra e was for the marquis and all that
Crisafer: but she still would have had that tacky piercing chain thing
therealsubmeat: huh?
therealsubmeat: no, no, no!
therealsubmeat: you're thinking of JANE Child.
therealsubmeat: "Don't Wanna Fall in Love" is one of my faves of the early '90s
Crisafer: oh
Crisafer: who is Toni Childs
therealsubmeat: she was like Tori lite.
Crisafer: Crystal Waters
therealsubmeat: LOVE that record.
Crisafer: yes
Crisafer: i do too
therealsubmeat: was in my top 90 of the '90s
Crisafer: and 100% Pure Love was on the mix tape i made for myself when i came out
therealsubmeat: and I never felt Alice in Chains got the recognition they deserved.
Crisafer: no
therealsubmeat: they were so RAW
therealsubmeat: saw them on Palooza '93
therealsubmeat: they were aMAZing
Crisafer: who the fuck is daddy freddy?
therealsubmeat: a Shabba Ranks wannabe.
Crisafer: ah
therealsubmeat: he's not worth remembering
Crisafer: BAD II--that's one of my favorite albums
therealsubmeat: really?!
Crisafer: i know
Crisafer: innocent child
Crisafer: that song gets me every time
Crisafer: it's one of those cheesy sentimental moments
therealsubmeat: well, I like Rupert Holmes, so I can't talk.
Crisafer: "People Are Still Having Sex"
Crisafer: nothing seems to stop them
therealsubmeat: I still have that 12"
Crisafer: of course you do
therealsubmeat: surprisingly good techy Chicago house
Crisafer: yeah
therealsubmeat: *blush*

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?