Friday, June 27, 2003

This morning, en route to work, Jenn and I stopped at 7-Eleven, as we often do. And upon walking in, I was greeted by four newspapers - the Virginian-Pilot (local), USA Today, the New York Times, and the Washington Post. Each one of them had banner headlines regarding the Lawrence v. Texas decision, two of them identical: "Gay Sex Ban Struck Down." I was giddy. I nearly bought all four, but ended up with just two; I'm going to save the front pages for posterity. I think that Lawrence v. Texas my very well end up our Brown v. Board of Education - and no, I don't think I'm overstating its importance.

[Much credit must go to The Tin Man for pointing me towards lots of superb resources and links regarding this all week. And speaking of, I've added a button to your left (which I discovered via The Tin Man, natch) which says "Get Busy. Get Equal." It's a new project from the ACLU's Lesbian and Gay Rights Project well worth checking out.]

Addendum: This week's Washington Blade has an excellent analysis of what Lawrence v. Texas may mean for gay marriage.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?