Sunday, July 20, 2003

I have never felt so - well, not heterosexual, per sé, but certainly not-gay - as I have while watching Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. I know, I know; I told a myriad of people this week that I wasn't going to watch, that it "propulgates stereotypes about gay men," et cetera, ad infinitum, blah blah blah. I simply sat down to eat some lunch today, flipped on the TV, and QE was on (and had just started). And damned if I didn't get so sucked in. This is stellar television, like a gay cross between Food 911, While You Were Out, and a makeover show. The Fab 5 counterbalance each other really well (someone's gotta counterbalance Carson), and I think Ted is a total beefcake. [I like guys in glasses, okay? Plus he has a sexy, deep voice.] And as far as my "argument" about stereotypes - well, no. There are gay men who flame, and there are gay men who don't. If you're watching this show, honestly, I'd hope you know that already (it's not like a lot of Republican Senators are gonna be watching this anyway). Queer Eye is good stuff.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?