Monday, July 21, 2003

In last night's featured dream (I've been having a lot of very vivid dreams which I've been remembering lately), I was in a new town (no idea where, but there were no discernible accents), starting a new job at a radio station. I think it was basically a top 40/adult contemporary station, though on Friday nights they had a three-hour program called "The KISS Hour," which was three hours of KISS. Bob was with me, and I think so was my friend Keith (who was the GM of our college radio station when I was MD). My first shift was supposed to start at 11pm on a Sunday night (?!), but I missed the top of the hour and Anita Baker's "Sweet Love" started at 11:01. Bob was in the kitchen - the radio station had a full kitchen - making some sort of baked shredded steak sandwiches. The windchills were subzero outside, but there was no snow. For some reason, my training started with my first airshift. The jock training me was awfully cute, and reminded me a little bit of Curt, but much more all-American boy-next-door. There were lots of nearly-hidden aircheck recording devices in the main air studio.

It was all very overwhelming. My first shift didn't go very well.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?