Thursday, July 24, 2003

It would seem that I've gone from never watching reality television (save for The Real World, those the Paris season is so boring I'm not even gonna link it) to become a mild version of a reality-TV whore. I watched two-and-a-half hours of said programming tonight.

First, of course, was The Amazing Race 4 - spoiler alert - and at long last, that bitch Millie (and her little Chuck, too) got sent home to spend another 13 years not having sex (Bob got us all started in a chant of "bad virgins!" tonight). Actually, that may be the case with Millie, but I've got a feeling Chuck's going to be having sex pretty soon - just not with her. Reichip finished in first this week, thanks to accidentally using their Fast Forward, but I worry that may come back to haunt them in the end.

Then came a double dose of Queer Eye (which sounds like a good call-in-sick excuse: "sorry, boss, can't come in today, I have queer eye"). First was the 1/2 hour compressed version on NBC, which left me stunned - and rolling on the floor with laughter - after hearing the phrase "boy sauce" on primetime network television (of course, it was Carson who said it - and who also boiled the straight guy's jockstrap!). Afterwards was this week's new hour-long episode on Bravo, which just made me love Ted more and more - that fish! Those potatoes!

I still wish they'd come to my place and teach me how to live, better, though. As I'm sure many friends could attest, I could use the pointers. Oh, wait! There are some right here! Yay, queen!

Oh, and lest I forget to mention it, Chas' dinner was simple and great, good summertime food: honey-baked ham, various breads and sandwich fixings, a myriad of cold salads (macaroni, potato, three-bean), Michael's ever-fab deviled eggs, and peach pie and ice cream! Yum. Dinner with the gang was just what I needed to snap me (at least momentarily) out of my funk tonight: good food, better company, and lots of laughs. I "heart" my friends.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?