Friday, July 25, 2003

Okay, this is pretty fucking amazing.

I get an email from Marcello today, telling me that he just received a copy of Paul Morley's new book, Words and Music. Morley, for those who don't know, was a member of The Art of Noise, and also is a well-published music writer and cultural critic (he wrote for NME during their glory days circa punk, and has written for a myriad of publications since, as well as having published a number of other books). No less a giant than Brian Eno calls him "...the greatest thinker/writer/social critic... since Plato... ." Why does this matter, you ask?

Because apparently, alongside Marcello's The Church of Me, and Tom Ewing's Freaky Trigger and collaborative music blog New York London Paris Munich, I'm fucking mentioned in Morley's book - as one of "the places where the best writing about modern music - past and present - is found" (p. 120). Oh. My. Fucking. God. I'm not putting on airs here, folks; I'm utterly, absolutely blown away.

Thanks for reading, everyone, each and every person who happens upon Oh, Manchester, So Much To Answer For. It's your reading, and your comments, and your emails, that keeps me driven and going.

Wow. This certainly makes my week. Month. Year.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?