Saturday, July 26, 2003

Superlative. Now I know why the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay was awarded to Pedro Almodovar this year for Talk to Her. It's an absolutely stunning film, packed to its proverbial gills with excellent acting, fine direction, and a superb script. Talk concerns a pair of men, each in love with a woman in a coma, who meet in the hospital where both women are in care. There are numerous plot twists (some expected, some not), and it's never boring, not for a second. It's a shame it took me so long to see this masterful work, but I did this evening (as it's finally on DVD), viewing it with of course (if it's Saturday, I must be with) Chas.

Be sure to check out Almodovar's website, btw. It's deliciously, badly, translated from Spanish into English, and fills me with glee.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?