Tuesday, August 19, 2003

As some of you may have gathered already, I at long last am online at my own desk at work. About fucking time; it's only been 9 months I've been in this position. But hey, I'll take it. Some bloggers are worried (perhaps "fearful" is a better term for it) that I'll be blogging even more copiously, now, but I doubt that will be the case. It's just that those days when I post numerous pieces circa 5pm? They'll be spread out throughout the day now.

Of course, I also now have the opportunity to catch up on my blogreading. Since I didn't do my usual weekly tour on Sunday, allow me to draw your attention to the following:
+The absolute best fiction I've read (not re-read) in quite some time isn't in an ink-and-paper novel; it's from The Tin Man's 2001 submission for National Novel Writing Month. Immaculate, clear, truthful writing like I haven't seen in far too long. He's one of the true, true talents of the blogworld, and we should feel fortunate that he's sharing his talent with us. The post is here.
+Simon Reynolds on the current "crap rap" hits.
+The Beaverhausens are back.
+Unspoken-of horrors in the aftermath of Blackout '03 (TM), brought to you by BJ.
+Which bloggers do you most want to have sex with? It's Donald's new lunchtime poll, and he's still taking votes.

+New blog alert: Dan_DC.

There are lots of other great posts and blogs, out there, of course, so feel free to augment your reading, if I may be so bold, with additional selections from the blogroll. Additionally, it seems to be going 'round the blogiverse, and I'm not immune: possibly some big changes coming this way soon.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?