Saturday, August 02, 2003

Grrrr. Our cable modem at home is down, which is why y'all haven't heard from me in a hot minute. I've got a couple of pieces in progress, but am feeling uninspired by my inability to post. Discovered a new blogger via his pal Jimbo - it's Zareh by Aram (that sounds like a cologne, doesn't it?), who seems to be awfully intelligent and is the webmaster for the Washington Blade. His blog is good stuff. I'm posting this from a computer with a sticky shift key and complimentary internet at Fair Grounds Coffeehouse (website coming soon), my friendly neighborhood not-Starbucks java hut. I come for the homemade blueberry muffins and raspeberry iced tea Snapple.

Since I'm in a bit of a crabby mood anyway and there's an obnoxious touchy-feely-I'm-so-hip asshole wearing a "Go Vegan" t-shirt next to me, let's give a hearty FUCK YOU to PETA today (and no, I certainly will not fucking link to their website). Their national headquarters are here in Norfolk, and they embarass most residents here. They're nothing more than media whores who only care about getting publicity; yes, I do rather strongly feel that their bad outweighs any good they might do. And as a guy who grew up on a dairy farm, let me say this: you tell me that milk is universally bad, that cows are universally mistreated, and I'll simply say FUCK YOU, because you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Do I dislike all PETA supporters? No, that would be stupid and small-minded of me. But I fucking loathe PETA and their spokesmouths themselves.

Excuse me, I feel the need to go eat a couple steaks now. Raw.

p.s. Paul's coming back, yay!

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?