Thursday, August 07, 2003

Today should be interesting.

Work doesn't look too bad, as our boss is out on vacation today and tomorrow - good for me, since I don't have a lot to do at the office this week.

Fingers crossed, the moving-to-D.C. fund could get a rather big boost today, as I have an interview for a second, part-time job at Yankee Candle Company after work. I went through our big downtown mall at lunchtime recently, trying to pick our stores where I could see myself working. [Meaning I did not go into Abercrombie & Fitch; I don't think they even make clothes in my size, do they? They need a sign in front of their stores saying "You must be this twink to shop here."] I figure I like candles, I'm a friendly guy, I've worked retail before (albeit at a 24-hour gas station/convenience store) - I could do this. So please, think some good thoughts. I could really use a second job.

Tonight, the roomie and I are hosting dinner, for which I'll likely show up just as it's being served, depending on how long my interview takes. I made dessert last night, and am very pleased with it.

And on top of it all, we're supposed to get some decent-sized thunderstorms today, which makes any day more interesting, or at least potentially more challenging. At least it's Thursday, one step closer to Friday.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?