Friday, August 08, 2003

Well, to hell with Yankee Candle, who turned me down today for someone "with more retail experience." For fuck's sake, I mean - it's selling candles, not vascular surgery. Oh well. The job search continues.

I see the reuniting of Kenny and Dolly as good news. Yeah, it's easy to make fun of Kenny these days, but he's still got a supple voice, and Dolly? She's simply a goddess of music regardless of genre. [Her bluegrass albums of recent years have been a revelation - and have you heard her 2002 cover of "Stairway To Heaven"? Stunning.] I'm definitely eager to hear their newest collabo, especially since Dolly herself wrote the song.

New-to-me discovery, thanks to my launchcast: Tosca. Shit, these guys from Vienna (see also Kruder & Dorfmeister) are white-hot.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?