Thursday, September 18, 2003

As of 9:17am EST, winds are blowing sustained at 29 mph, gusting as high as 55mph. It's been raining for hours; currently, it's raining at a rate of 1/2" per hour. We still have power, cable, everything, but word is that over 20,000 people (mostly in VA Beach) are already without power. Looking out the window of my roommate's bedroom, I've only seen one car on Colley Avenue (the main north-south drag, a couple hundred yards from our apartment) in over an hour.

I did buy a Kodak Max Water & Sport disaposable camera this week, and will be taking pics of the storm and its aftermath; hopefully, I'll be able to post those here once I get the film developed in a couple days' time.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?