Friday, September 05, 2003

Proof that things are very different in Bermuda: when your main concern when preparing for a direct hit from a Category 3 hurricane is "do people have enough beer?"

Hurricanes frighten me. I can deal with blizzards, severe thunderstorms, tornados, even - all common to the midwest, where I grew up. But I've never lived through a hurricane, and they're so unpredictable and pack so many different dangers (high winds, heavy rains, rising tides) that they make me nervous - especially as this is my fourth hurricane season living on the southeastern coast of Virginia, and there hasn't been one make a hit as long as I've lived here. We're overdue, and that concerns me. Mother Nature can be a very nasty bitch when she wants to be.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?