Thursday, October 02, 2003

My two regularly-watched primetime network series have returned, both on the WB. Charmed premiered Sunday night, and was just what I'd hoped for, that Spelling-perfect mix of dark and light, fluff and substance (though I wish they'd get over the lingering boob and navel shots, but that's another Spelling trademark, natch). Should be interesting to see how they spin the new white-lighter this season (he was in the credits, so he's sticking around), and what they do with Leo. And I love Phoebe's new empath power - that could be used in so many interesting ways.

Angel was a big dose of the unexpected, and classic Joss Whedon (he directed and wrote the premiere himself). Having Angel's crew running the show at Wolfram and Hart lends itself to a myriad of possibilities, but let's be honest - what I, and possibly most viewers tuned in for, was the return of Spike. He only came along in the last 30 seconds of the show, but already has second-billing in the credits, and looks to be (based on the previews) all over next week's episode. After last season's season-long storyline, it'll be something to see if Whedon and co. can successfully keep the dramatic flow and tension moving in a more episode-based format (as I hear they're attempting this year).

If we're home from dinner in time, I may watch tonight's premiere of Friends (I just found out that Joey and Rachel hooked up last week, as I normally eschew the Thursday night primetime episodes for early-evening reruns), and am debating giving Will & Grace another go. Apart from Queer Eye, that's the total extent of my television watching. And I don't think I'm missing much. If you do - and take into consideration that I just have basic cable - feel free to share in the Comments box.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?