Thursday, October 30, 2003

Odds & ends:

No, apparently Fox News could not be more stupid.

Recent blogposts I love:
+Chrisafer's new math
+Patrin's "if you hate Eminem, think about the Pistols" comments
+Erik's preview of the '03-'04 NBA season, with the splendid title "The Return of Kazaam"
+Scott's new spin on Hop on Pop

You may have noticed a new addition to the sidebar, a realtime ever-escalating count of the cost of Bush's dirty little war in Iraq. For details on how it's figured, et cetera, go here.

Travis noted the other night that Peaches's "Fuck the Pain Away" reminded him of a lobotomy patient. And yeah, it's fairly vapid. But that beat (as he also noted) is indisputably great, eh? I love the continually crashing cymbal - well, and any song whose first line is "suckin' on my titties like you wanted me."

Lost in Translation was even better the second time, further cementing it in my mind as the finest film of 2003 yet. I was nearly apoplectic during the "lip my stockings!" scene (just ask my coworker Anita, who actually shushed me because I was giggling so maniacally). And that soundtrack - oh! sweet nuthin'!

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?