Friday, November 14, 2003

At last, new downloads are up for your listening pleasure.

One of 'em, the 12" mix of Carly Simon's "Why," I've already discoursed upon. If I may be so bold, I think that's one of the best pieces of rockcrit I've posted here, so feel free to enjoy it again (or for the first time) while listening to said song, a truly awesome record.

The other is one you may not be familiar with, one which has become my favorite of the myriad of "Without Me" bootleg/mashups which surfaced last year. A fellow named DJ Marchino combined Eminem's rap with Metro Area's "Miura" to create - what else could it be? - "Without Miura," and it's surprisingly delicate and gorgeous. I was introduced to Metro Area by Paul, who recommended them over my find of '02, VHS Or Beta. I don't know exactly how to describe them (him? her?) as anything other than really soulful, largely voiceless, minimalist techno, warm and cold simultaneously. Like all of the best boots, "Without Miura" completely recontextualizes both songs involved, so props to DJ Marchino, whoever he (she?) is.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?