Tuesday, November 11, 2003

I was slow in coming to the dance, but have now fallen in utter and complete love with the greatest homage I think I've ever heard to the Cars: "Stacy's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne. I only first heard this 2 weeks ago, and its intro convinced me I was hearing the Cars' "My Best Friend's Girl." Its video pushes it even further, including a kid in its opening who's a dead ringer for Ric Ocasek - and then includes a tribute to Van Halen's "Hot For Teacher." "Stacy's Mom" is definitely one of the videos of the year, and might be one of the singles, as well. I've never been a big Fountains fan - I respect 'em, but don't really care that much for their brand of power-pop - but am thrilled to see them finally getting a much-deserved hit. "Stacy's Mom" has got it goin' on.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?