Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Odds & ends:

How not to get fired because of your blog, unlike this guy, who did - by Microsoft.

The all-time greatest pick-up line in a song lyric:
"You're kinda cute - wanna take a bath?"
- Prince, "The Ballad of Dorothy Parker" (Sign "O" the Times, Paisley Park, 1987)

Last night, finally, was the premiere of the first new episode of Queer Eye in 2 months (or so). It might've been the best episode yet, because the straight guy really wanted and was completely open to change. And the Fab 5 were right - he was a total hottie post-transformation. Loved the way they worked his family into the proceedings, too.

Ask Erik about his personal connection to Toto IV sometime. He told me the story last night, and it's a really good one.

Apparently, I'm cursed. Trying for a second time to burn a totally-working disc of my best songs by year last night, again for some reason the one song which didn't burn is my favorite of all-time: Stardust's "Music Sounds Better With You."

I think that Meetup is a great idea, one of those examples of the 'net really bringing people together. But I worry that the folks who sign up are gonna be - well, loser-ish. I've signed up for the next local Dean '04 Meetup, though, and hope I'm proved wrong.

Further proof, as if we needed it, that many OSU fans are just plain stoopid. I mean, c'mon, people. I love sports, too, especially college football and basketball, but ultimately it's just a game. Unless you're actually playing in said game, it will not change your life (and probably won't even then).

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?