Saturday, November 22, 2003

Odds & ends:

I've succumbed (largely due to his suggestion), and for your convenience, have put together and posted an Amazon.com wish list. Feel free to buy me nice things. *grin*

New downloads: Javine's "Surrender," which I wrote about on Wednesday, just grows and grows on me; it's actually got the excitement tantmount to "Crazy In Love." Meanwhile, the Girls Aloud cover of "Jump (For My Love)," I'm thoroughly convinced, is one of the most avant garde records of '03.

Winning the Big Ten: priceless.
Winning the 100th "Big Game": priceless.
Going to the Rose Bowl: priceless.
Ruining Ohio State's BCS dreams: the most priceless thing of all.
And all before an NCAA record crowd of 112,000+. Congrats, Michigan. [Also winning, though not attractively, and locking up third place in the Big Ten and a likely New Year's Day bowl in the process: Purdue.]

Paul's gonna yell at me for it, but there's another late-breaker from '02 with a shot at my P&J ballot: Red Hot + Riot: The Music and Spirit of Fela (which I own thanks to BJ), which is a sublime tribute to the late genius Fela Kuti. Of course, Mr. Cox will likely have even more of an issue with my likely inclusion of Texas's "Inner Smile" on my singles list, by virtue of its place on the Bend It Like Beckham soundtrack; the song originally came out as a single in the U.K. in 2001. [But here's a fun fact: it was coproduced by pop genius/Mr. New Radicals, Gregg Alexander!]

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?