Friday, November 28, 2003

You might've noticed that lately I've been much more in rockcritgeek mode than in a while. Well, it's nearing the end of the year, when a young (or not-so-) rockcrit's thoughts turn to year-end polls, Grammy nominations, and Pazz & Jop, oh my! Grammy nods come out next Thursday, P&J ballots mid-December (I think), and year-end polls are about to start appearing. Keith Harris, an ace critic if ever there was, has a blog now, too: Useful Noise. And it's more than just static.

I learned from Matos's miniautobio this week that he's been making a living writing about music for 4 years, now - and he's more than 4 years younger than me. It's almost my freakin' 33rd birthday, and I'm about to make like Sean Paul and get real busy. And, like R. Kelly, have me some fun. Call it a little preview of the remix, if you want.

New posts will be up this weekend (likely today) over at Rock Me Tonight, there'll be mucho more writing here, as par for the course, and I've offered to write a review of Alan Light's new music mag, Tracks, for Rockcritics Daily. As the great poetess Trina once said, I'm about to show y'all how to pimp this shit. Shall we?

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?