Saturday, December 06, 2003

Fuuuuuuuck! Listen to the track Andre 3000 did for Kelis's new record - it's titled "Millionaire," and for another couple days you can download it from Fluxblog - and tell me that Andre isn't totally on a Princelike genius tip right now. If you don't get it, follow "Millionaire" up with the Purple One's "Annie Christian," from 1981's Controversy. Then, give Andre's "She Lives In My Lap" (from OutKast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below) a spin, immediately followed by Sign "O" the Times' "The Ballad of Dorothy Parker." Andre 3000's Prince love is like whoa - but it's not just the clear musical influence, it's his risk-taking, and obvious shocking abilities as well. And as if my OutKast jock-riding wasn't already far gone enough, it turns out Andre "wish[es he] would have written" The Smiths' "Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me." GodIlovethisbandmoreandmore. You know what's surprising? I expected Speakerboxxx/The Love Below to knock me out immediately, and it didn't, so I made the mistake of writing it off as "good, but no Stankonia." Oops. Would you believe it's a grower? Do.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?