Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Odds & ends:

Good Lord, just listen to how loud the drums are on John Mellencamp's "Rain on the Scarecrow." Especially during the song's intro, when Kenny Aronoff sounds as if he's about to bash through your speaker heads.

A pair of new tracks are online over at Go Home Productions. [I haven't yet heard 'em, but bet they're corkers, especially the Brit/Mads/PiL mashup.] Mark's had a phenomenal year, and promises that '04 "will be massive." Whatcha wanna bet he crosses over next year? I'll be standing to applaud when he does so; Mark's clearly one of the most creative minds in contempo music these days.

My #1 album and single of the year should come as a surprise to absolutely no one: Basement Jaxx's Kish Kash and "Crazy In Love" by Beyonce featuring Jay-Z.

I'm not even remotely a Paul Simon fan - I can't even stand Simon & Garfunkel - and I'm not a big fan of Graceland overall, either. But only a pigfucker could not love "Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes," thanks not nearly as much to Rhymin' Simon as to the marvelousness of Ladysmith Black Mambazo. I really need to track down a copy of The Indestructible Beat of Soweto, too...

Can you woo woo woo?

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?