Friday, January 09, 2004

submeat's top 100 tracks of 2003: songs to download and love

#96 "Who Wouldn't Wanna Be Me," Keith Urban (Capitol)
The biggest Aussie country star to hit these shores since Olivia Newton-John just goes from strength to strength. On this, the second of two big hits he had in 2003 (the other being "Raining on Sunday"), Urban again showcases his prowess on both lead guitar and banjo on a fine, soaring tune he cowrote. It's a tried-and-true lyrical formula: got no job, got no luck, but I've "got the one I love beside me, my troubles behind me," so who wouldn't wanna be him? Urban's got the chops, the songwriting, the personality, the smile, and the looks; superstardom (for once, deserved) awaits (and I think it'll likely come around his next album). Pure joy.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?