Friday, January 02, 2004

There's not been much travelogue-ish content over my vacation because I haven't done all that much travelling - at least, not once I arrived in Indianapolis last Saturday. Stumpy's been a sterling host. My stay here's been so relaxing and ultimately satisfying. NYE was nice and quiet, just he and I and his roommate (my old friend Sara) and her boyfriend, sipping champagne and being mellow: staying in is the new going out, isn't it? Yesterday was an orgy of food (marvelous french toast for brunch and goulash mid-afternoon) and booze. I was fortunate enough to both ring out '03 and ring in '04 with some sex each evening, as well. And then there's been the matter of some very lovely phone calls back to the east...

Tomorrow we hit the highway to visit the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame in Newcastle, and then our pal Ben (whose reviews can be seen here) and his family in Muncie. I fly back to Virginia on Sunday morning. At some point, too, I've gotta finish (and submit) my Pazz & Jop comments. Ah, the stresses of vacation...

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?