Sunday, February 22, 2004

Hubris is, ultimately, the fall of men. And today, no one's showing more hubris than Ralph Nader, who announced this morning that he's running for President, again. Ralph Nader doesn't give a damn about the Green Party, or about any other party, or even if Bush is re-elected. Ralph Nader only cares about serving his own ego, and saying "look at me! I can change things!" No, he didn't lose the 2000 election for Gore - Gore's horrendous campaign lost it, and William Rehnquist then stole it for Bush. When he goes on about how there's hardly any difference between the Dems and the GOP, I'd love to ask him, point-blank: do you really think the U.S. would be this much of a mess right now were Gore the President? Of course, Nader'd likely stick his head in the sand and say, "Sure it would!" I respected Nader for many, many years for his tireless work as a consumer advocate. But no more; if I saw Ralph Nader on fire today, I wouldn't even stop to piss on him. I honestly believe that Nader only cares about Nader - and for that, I can't respect him, not one iota.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?