Thursday, February 19, 2004

Not much posting today - busying cooking spaghetti squash and cleaning, in preparation for dinner for 8 this evening.

Got a fucking rockin' package from the newly-29-year-old Matos today, including not only his mightily impressive C700 Go! discs for 1970 and 1980, but a copy of an amazing four-disc Jouis Jordan comp, Jivin' with Jordan, and foremost, an incredible promo comp which EMI Music Publishing put out in celebration of Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis in the mid-'90s: 78 tracks by the men who, production-wise, owned the '80s (and part of the early '90s, as well). Wow.

I heart Daddino. I'm just sayin'.

Finished the second book of Felice Picano's memoirs this morning, Men Who Loved Me. Fucking A, he's an amazing writer - and needs to be considered one of the best American novelists (and memoirists, natch). Starting the third book, A House on the Ocean, A House on the Bay this afternoon. [It's called multitasking!] Did some laundry this a.m., too; productivity is good. I've found that one way I've been able to keep my spirits up as the jobhunt seems to continually go nowhere is to make sure I attack each day. None of this sitting-around-watching-talk-shows-and-not-bathing for me, oh no. If you feel good, you'll be able to accomplish more, so I've made certain to do just that, and do at least one job-related thing per day (some days, many more). That's another way to feel good about myself, too. Yay.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?