Friday, February 06, 2004

Speed round:

I haven't heard the Empire Carpet jingle for years, since I was spending lots of time in Chicago (which I believe is Empire's home). Now that they're apparently nationwide, they're advertising quite a bit on the Boston-area TV stations. Anyone else remember their great jingle? "Five-eight-eight, two-three-hundred, Empire!" I just love that their (admittedly not great) website plays it.

It's already snowing, and has been for over an hour. Estimates vary, but I'm leaning towards 4-6" of snow, topped by sleet and ice.

Brian's gotten me sucked in to Survivor: All-Stars. I'm bitter about it - never having watched Survivor before now - but I have to admit that it's pretty compelling television, especially since all of these people have been through it before, which adds an interesting spin to the proceedings.

With all of the "Janet's boob" hysteria, it seems to be going unnoticed that of all of the announcements made this week in advance of Sunday's Grammys - no Janet presenting, 5-second delay, tributes to the Beatles, Warren Zevon, and funk - there's been one very quiet, very big one: Prince is performing! I don't know why, and don't care (as long as it's not something from his freakishly-nommed NEWS album). It's motherfucking Prince, people! Get up, get excited!

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?