Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Speed round, personal ch-ch-changes edition:

Yes, I'm moving to New Hampshire next month.
No, I don't yet have a job, but I do have some very good leads, have a number of resumés (and apps) out, and am determined to do whatever I have to do. If it means working at Hannaford until I can get in at a radio station, I'll do it (and frankly, they pay pretty well). I'm moving because:
1. There's a ridiculous amount of opportunity and possibility up there for me. The area (SW NH) is positively filthy in independent, mostly small-town radio stations. And I am going to get back into radio, period.
2. There's a lot of challenge involved, and I need that. For me to achieve my ultimate goal of being a professional music critic, I need to learn more planning, discipline, and focus. A lot of that will be built in to this move. Such as the fact that I've gotta get my driver's license - so I'm starting driving school next week.
3. My friend Brian and I get along very well, and feel strongly that we're a good match as roommates.

By Mother's Day, May 9th, I will be a non-smoker. I've decided that one of the best things I can do re: quitting is set a reasonable, realistic date and stick to it. Feel free to harass me about it as the date nears.

As I mentioned above, I'm starting driving school next week. No, I've never had a license. I've got a VA learner's permit - i.e., I passed the written test - but precious little behind-the-wheel experience. If all goes as planned, by this time next month, at the age of 33, I'll finally have my first driver's license.

I'm still looking for work here in Norfolk in the meantime, of course.

I'm also selling off the vast bulk of my CD and record collection. Later this week, I'll have a comprehensive list of the collection typed up and available to fire off to any interested parties. If you're one of 'em, you know what to do, right?

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?