Friday, February 20, 2004

Speed round, quick 'n' dirty all-sports edition:

I'm not a big baseball fan; never have been. However, I always have rooted and always will root for the Cubs. Game 7 of last year's NLCS was so, so heartbreaking. The mood is high at training camp, though - especially what with the Cubs' murderer's row of a starting rotation - welcome home, Mr. Maddux! [Still a total hottie, too.] The A-Rod deal just increased my hatred of the Yankees that much more, but I'm not concentrating on that. This year, it's all about the Cubbies, baby!

While my Boilermakers (16-9, 6-6) have played themselves right on to the bubble (losing 5 of your last 7 can do that to you - and if they lose at Big Ten cellar-dwellers Minnesota tomorrow, the coffin may be nailed shut, barring winning the conference tournament), my Lady Boilers are helping stem my black-and-gold bleeding somewhat. As always seems to be the case, they're locked in a battle with Penn State for the Big Ten regular season championship, both at 12-1 conference with two games left before the (regular) season final?, which will likely be for all the marbles - as it's at PSU. Purdue's Shereka Wright is a finalist for the women's Naismith Award, as well. Yay! And the Lady Boilers are in their usual near-season's-end place in the polls: the top 5. Purdue's ranked 5th in both polls (PSU is 7th).

Ex-Florida guard Christian Drejer? Hmm, I believe the words I'm looking for are along the lines of selfish little bitch. You don't just quit on your team mid-season to mint coins. Dickie V agrees.

Countdown to Selection Sunday: 23 days.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?