Thursday, June 10, 2004

Coming soon: my top 70 (songs, duh) of the '70s. And a whole heap of posts for Doing It To Death (Part 1), speaking of the '70s. Take with as many grains of salt as you find necessary. I recognize that of late, the word "soon" in relation to my blogging is a relative term at best.

Regarding the news event of the past week, I have this to say. I'm no fan of the presidency of Ronald Reagan. I feel he personally has the blood of thousands of people who died of AIDS while his government practiced inaction, ignorance, and worse under his watch, on his hands. Many of his global policies, only beginning with Iran-Contra, were abhorrent. But. I'm filled with a lot of sympathy and empathy for him and his family - most of all, for Nancy. Knowing what Alzheimer's can and does do, and how it affects those closest to one afflicted with it - my 91-year-old grandmother is in its late stages - it's heartbreaking to see the toll it's especially taken on Nancy, who for decades has been so devoted to her Ronnie. So I'm glad his suffering is over, and I'm sorrowful for hers. R.I.P., President Reagan.

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?