Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Hi there.

Much busy-ness of late; driving = freedom, and freedom is lovely.
Visited two locations of the Toadstool Bookshop over the long weekend, along with stopping at Homestead Bookshop yesterday (where I nabbed an original hardback copy of E.M. Forster's Maurice for $4! Score!). Even went to Border's in Keene. Book shops are marvelous - low-cost (if you can keep yourself from spending) entertainment. Ventured to the Rainbow Lounge Friday night, which was very nice, if a little quiet (first day of three-day weekend, etc.). Working a lot as well, and getting settled in, familiarizing myself with the area, et cetera. Have been to Dublin, Peterborough, Marlborough, Keene, and New Ipswich in the past four days alone. I love my Cherokee (which, by the way, I've named Colin; those in the know will understand).

In getting around to getting back to my other blogs, I've been listening to a lot of Aretha lately - so much so, in fact, that I burned myself a comp of her R&B #1s from '70-'85. Lord, what a singer. I know, not exactly a news flash, but still, to hear "Call Me" and "Break It To Me Gently," especially, is a revelation with each listen. And the sass which colors "Get It Right" gets it absolutely right (and proves that she makes the most of all of her material, even that not up to the standards of her platinum voice). There's the Queen, and there's everyone else. Period.

Oh, and I think that in not quite 2 weeks, I'm going to this with him (who else?). Yay, queen!

Comments: Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?